Sunday, July 29, 2012

Polka Dot Nails and What To Do When You Own No Dotting Tool

Couple days ago I got two very cute polishes. One was THIS the other one was a pretty pastel pink. Obviously I had to try it on,and as I saw it on my nails I knew it needed little polka dots to make it perfect.

The problem was,I own no dotting tool and was wondering what I can use instead.And then,I saw what was going to be the life saving device. I'm gonna get back to it in a sec,but first I'll show you the finished product:


Mi-Ny in Dali


I like to stare at them,they make me feel so pretty 


And now,I want to ask : do you wish to know what made these polka dots happen? Here you go:

That's right,my eyebrow brush!
The bottom of it is perfectly rounded and serves its purpose very well.Just dip it in some nail polish you put on a paper and then tap it on your nails.It will leave a lovely dot. I suggest you do it with the brush slightly inclined and not exactly with the tip of the bottom as it will give you more security in maneuvering it.
So in case you want dots and have no tools,I recommend it! :)

9 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous peach shade!! And so ingenious to use your eyebrow brush for the dots ;) Great size too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah,the color is quite ideal for summer and a bit of a tan.Been looking for it for ages!

      Delete
  2. What a nifty idea! I'm going to do this! I don't own a dotting tool either and a cocktail stick was just meh.

    Thank you!!!
    http://itskerrysbeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried toothpicks too :P didn't turn out so great

      Delete
  3. That's a great idea, I've been using a pin but the dots are always too small.

    I found you via BBloggers Blog Hop, I hope you get a chance to look at my blog too :)

    http://www.jessicainyourear.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yeah,and didn't the pin sometimes even scratch your polish? I've tried it too

      Delete
  4. Very creative! These look so cute, I wish I had the patience to do my own nails.

    Following from the BBU Blog hop xoxo
    itsamakeupthing-hjc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I start out good with on my left hand and by the time I get to my right...willpower must be used haha

      Following back btw! :)

      Delete
  5. This is so cute! I'm going to be getting my hands on a white nail varnish and trying this asap! x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...