Sunday, July 1, 2012

Tea Time!

Tea is good for you,we all know this by now. Some teas are amazing for you though.They have antioxidants,which are highest in concentration in white and green teas, while black tea has substantially fewer due to its oxidative preparation.Rooibos for example is naturally caffeine free and high on antioxidants,which help your body fight cell damage.
I'm an absolute tea aficionado and I figured,why not share my favorite teas with you?
Here's my current favorites:


From left to right,up to down: Good Earth Organic Earl Grey, Pickwick Chocolate Mint,Jacob Hooy  Orange Rooibos and First Tea Vanilla Honey


Let's start with the tea that I never thought I'd like this much, Pickwick Chocolate Mint. The Chocolate-Mint combo only works with After Eight chocolates in my mind,and that is what I had expected this tea to taste like. Big mistake! It tastes like smooth chocolate! Completely unexpected and delicious.
 My absolute favorite tea is Rooibos tea. Rooibos means "Red Bush" and it is the name that the plant has gotten because of it's color. It grows in southern africa and has absolutely no caffeine in it. Which means,you can drink it before bed for calming and you can drink it in the morning for energy. It's a Win-Win tea for sure! And adding orange to it...my goodness! Absolutely delicious! I drink rooibos anyway you offer it,but this has got to be the best one I have ever tasted!
Now this tea is a fascinating one. First Tea Vanilla Honey. It's a mix of white and black tea. Basically,white,green and black tea all come from the same plant that grows in China:Camellia sinensis. Its leafs are what make the tea. The difference between white and black tea is the degree of oxidation and processing.White tea comes from the buds and leaves. The leaves and buds are allowed to wither in natural sunlight before they are lightly processed to prevent oxidation or further tea processing.Black tea are leafs left to oxidize and get their specific black color.
This tea is simply yummy. Add some honey to it and you have yourself a cup of relaxation.
Good Earth Organic Earl Grey. Earl Grey usually means black teas that contain oil of bergamot as a flavoring. I'm a big Earl Grey fan and this one was a great find. Another plus,it's organic! I usually add some milk to it and it makes for the perfect coffee substitute.
You can actually find some of their organic teas in their Webshop. As I see,they're out of Earl Grey,but maybe soon again.
So that's my list for now. If you'd see my cupboard you'd be shocked as to how I managed to pick just 4 teas for this list :p
Do you have any favorites? Feel free to share.And if you're craving any of these guys and can't get your hands on them,let me know and maybe I can help

2 comments:

  1. I WISH that I liked tea (don't hurt me!) but I just can't get used to it. I LOVE the smell of Earl Grey but the only tea that I have really drunk and enjoyed was a Passionfruit tea at a work event and I have never managed to find that tea ever again! I will persist though as I know how good these antioxidants are for you :)
    Lovely blog
    N xoxo
    breathebeautyfitness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the same when I was younger,and then I discovered rooibos tea and Celestial Seasonings. Then I got a bit addicted (as I do :P)
      Have you tried drinking it with milk? it can soften the taste and especially ear grey tastes amazing with it
      xx

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...