Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Body America Lip Butter

As you may or may not know, I am a big fan of lip balms,lip butters,lip moisturizers of any kind for that matter.
I have recently discovered this little guy and was very happy to find that it was made with organic ingredients,contains no Prabens or BHT and was not tested on bunnies or any other cute animals.

It comes in a couple of yummy flavors (yes flavors) and smells, but the one that I got was New York Cheesecake with and Edge.


As you can see,it comes in a 8.5g ( 0.3 ounce) container and smells so, so good! The downside to it is that because it smells and tastes so good,you might end up licking it off your own lips before its time. I'll admit that I've done it quite a bit.
I'm also really liking the vintage look of the packages and the cute names that every scent combination has gotten.


The texture is super creamy and delicious and it feels amazing on my lips. I've only had one issue with it,but I suspect it was because of the insane heat that we've been having here:
The lip butter's top layer (about 3mm off the top) started becoming gooey and clumpy. I think it had something to do with the fact that its ingredients are pretty natural and it went from 40C to 20C and back in one day,so the top layer that had begun to melt a bit got a "freeze dry" shock. But after removing that top layer,the butter underneath was just as soft and awesome as usual.


Ingredients:

As you can see,it contains a lot of great oils as well as my favorite,the Shea butter! It was pretty much the ingredients that made me get this lip butter.


Here's what it looks like on my lips:


I have to tell you,this looks and feels much better than any transparent gloss I have had so far. You also get a bit of a white-ish undertone that I really like on my lips. It makes them look a bit more pastel and sweet.
It's pretty much the effect you'd try to achieve with a pink-ish lip gloss,in terms of subtlety.

All in all I really like this lip butter because it stays on your lips for a long, long time (unless you start eating it off), which is a very important thing when it comes to such products, and it feels and looks amazing in the process. This definitely is a favorite,along with the Rosebud Strawberry Lip Salve.

Do you have any favorite lip balm?


                                                You can also Follow on * Twitter * Facebook *

2 comments:

  1. Youve got pretty lips :) Will have to try this one out someday! Ixx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog through BBU Blog Hop, very helpful review and i like your blog!
    Following you now! =)

    -Gracie @ Gracie's Notebook

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...