Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Galaxy/ Starry Sky Nails: A Guide.

The whole thing started because I decided to give Galaxy Nails a try. I knew it was just a matter of sponging the Milky Way on but I just never felt like attempting it before.

So last night I did.
It was looking very promising until about step 3,when I decided to be less Milky Way and more like the pretty sky I could see outside.
It just took one move to confuse the galaxy that was in the making. I realized it only takes some well placed dark blue polish to ruin,in this case transform, this particular mani.

Here's what happened

Step 1 :  Apply black nail polish. This really can be any black polish,as long as it doesn't take forever to dry. Because as you will be sponging other polishes on it,if it hasn't dried,you will end up with black all over the place.


Step 2 :  Pick a white polish of your choice and sponge diagonally on the black nail,like so:
You can use any sponge,from make-up sponge,to cutting off a little piece of the kitchen sponge.


Step 3 : Apply the first color polish to the upper and lower edges of the white polish line. I used Catrice Iron Mermaiden, whose metallic multi chrome shimmer you can see. It's a bit messy,but I figured I'll clean it up at the end all together and not after each step.Would have been a bit useless to spend more time cleaning.


Step 4 : This is where Galaxy became Night Sky. If you want to keep the galaxy,you should sponge at the edges of the white line,keep some white visible,and create a nebula pattern. Well, I did no such thing.
I took the Catrice Blues Brothers Vol II and the W7 Metallic Mercury  and did some major cover-up work.
The blue is really effective in covering up,so if you're doing galaxy nails,use it sparsely or else it might ruin the galaxy. Also,make sure you use a small sponge when applying the blue,it can easily become too much.
I then put some glitter on it, a purple Saffron  in this case,and voila!


The End Result



As far as night skies go,I'm liking the result quite a lot. Next time I will do a proper Galaxy Nail post and not get distracted by pretty stars shining outside.


What I used:


From left to right:

*Saffron Glitter*Catrice Iron Mermaiden*Catrice Blues Brothers Vol II*W7 Metallic Mercury*




                                                You can also Follow on * Twitter * Facebook *


13 comments:

  1. Oh that looks fab! You made it look so easy :P
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think it's much easier than actual galaxy nails. you just cover stuff up and add some shinies :p

      Delete
  2. Love the nails so unique. I found you through BBU.

    thequirkyfox/blogspot.co.uk

    ax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should absolutely try them,they're pretty great to look at :p

      xx

      Delete
  3. That looks AMAZING!!
    xx

    http://takingovertheworldapairofshoesatatime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great thanks for the tutorial, I'll try this one for sure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! And link me to the result,I'm dying to see it!

      Delete
  5. Wow I really like that and it seems quite simple. I have never tried anything with a sponge but your posts make me really want to try it!

    much love

    http://razzledazzleandrocknroll.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think *drumroll* "the sponging technique" can sound quite complicated.I know I put it off a while but once I tried it,t became a favorite

      Delete
  6. It looks stunning! I highly doubt my own ability to pull this off haha but I might try it anyways :)
    http://cofcorals.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you can do it,and you might even do it much better than me! When you do,link me to it,I really wanna see! :)

      Delete
  7. Beautiful .. i love that Catrice polish x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! When I got it,I didn't even suspect how awesome it would turn out to be

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...