Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Essence Souffle Touch Blush

I've been on the hunt for a cream blush for a much longer time than I wish, so once again in Amsterdam I figured it was almost impossible to not find one, because you know, they have pretty much all beauty brands I desire, up for sale.
I was super happy when I saw they moved the MAC counter and made it bigger and was sure I'd find my blush. I did not.
Luckily enough,they had Bobbi Brown there too! No blush in sight...

Same happened at the Lancome,Estee Lauder, Maybelline, L'Oreal and pretty much every other brand I checked. Happy Happy, Joy Joy!
You'd think that with the amount of creamy or bouncy blushes around in the US, us lovely folks over in Europe would get at least a fraction of them.

Well, as I was giving up hope, I went into the Kruidvat, which is pretty much your regular drugstore and what do I find? Precisely! The cream blush! Where? At the Essence counter...of all places!

Just like with the Catrice Gel eyeliner that I showed you HERE , I found my product of choice in the most unexpected of places and am actually satisfied with it!


essence souffle touch blush 010 fresh apricot

























I got the 010 Fresh Apricot  and gosh I love it!

I was super impressed how shimmery and gorgeous this color looked! I don't mind matte blushes but the ones with a shimmer give you an extra bit of freshness.

This is what it looks like on my skin

essence souffle touch blush fresh peach swatch























Doesn't it look great?
I love the frosty shimmer of it, and even if my skintone is a bit more yellow, it still looks great.

What I will say is that this is the only color that seemed to have this kind of shimmer, the others were a bit too dark and gloomy for my taste and lacked the shimer, or it was at least less visible.

I also like how light it is, clearly a souffle and super airy. You'd be surprised how light the whole jar is also, you can hardly feel you're holding it. A very practical thing when traveling with a weight limit!


All in all

I really like it! 
And I think it's even better than the Maybelline Bouncy Blush I was aiming for. If I find it, I will do a comparison for sure tho, but for now, I will enjoy this blush!





                             You can also Follow on * Twitter * FacebookBloglovin *   

6 comments:

  1. That looks absolutely gorgeous! Wish we could get that particular blush here!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't get Essence down under? Maybe you get all the other ones tho :P

      Delete
  2. it looks gorgeous.. I like Essence lipstiks eay to use and colors are cute

    dedicatedforever.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had one of those too,they were surprisingly moist,as in they didn't try out on my lips,or make them look dry.Always a good thing!

      Delete
  3. Looks amazing in the jar...but won't it be patchy when applied? Very interesting colour by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprisingly enough, not at all. Creamy or foamy textures tend to do that,but this is well...a souffle. Can't describe it better

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...