Wednesday, January 16, 2013

L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil

Ah shower oil, one of my favorites. Being the proud owner of dry skin, everything has the potential of drying it out even more. 
The surprising thing about this shower oil is that it looks like an oil, feels like an oil but in contact with water, it becomes nice and foamy. In a very nice and soft way.
It is one of the few things that doesn't do any bad things to my skin. I've heard some like to use it especially for shaving their legs, as it doesn't leave that parched skin behind.
I like using it after swimming, when my skin has had more than enough of chlorinated water and thus is now even drier than before and it really makes it feel somewhat normal again.
It takes a lot for a product to make my skin feel "not like cracking", and this is one of the few that manage to do that. I get out of the shower with my skin feeling like the one of a normal human being, I would assume.
Almond oil is great for you to begin with, so having this in the shower too, is incredible.

L'Occitane is one of those brands with tradition, where you know you will get the good things you are told. I know that we are used to big foam, big smell and all sorts of spectacular things from the beauty products we use, but this brand delivers lovely smell,foam and still some spectacular things in normal quantities, where nothing gets harmed for the sake of the effect.
I really am a big fan of those who realize the importance of things that go on your skin and make products with that thought.
That's why I will always go for L'Occitane when given the choice.
And I really think that if you have the chance, this shower oil is something you should give a chance to.It's great for your body and once you try it, you might never want to go back to something else.

Have you tried L'Occitane products yet? Maybe this one?




                                      You can also Follow on * Twitter * FacebookBloglovin *    

10 comments:

  1. Wow, this sounds great! I have extremely dry skin so I will have to keep an eye out for this! xx

    seeking--serendipity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on the very dry side also and this is a really good one

      Delete
  2. I was in a L'Occitane store yesterday and wondered if I should get this shower oil too. Instead, I got 2 hand creams (Marevellous Flowers and Shea Butter) and 2 shower gels (the same scents as the hand creams). I've also tried the Almond hand cream and I was kinda disappointed; it wasn't that moisturizing at all. Its consistency was toooo runny, but it did smell quite delicious. The Hibiscus Flower (I guess, correct me if I'm wrong, I don't have it right now around me) lip balm is my all time favourite L'Occitane product! It's a-m-a-z-i-n-g! You should try it too! ;) Btw, there are some pretty damn good deals in their stores right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are?
      I should go check it out as I really have quite a few things I want to try from them and I want a reserve for this shower oil, thanks for letting me know!
      I love their cherry blossom smell,I've become obsessed with their blossom scented products just because

      Delete
  3. I posted a link to your review in our L'Occitane Fan Forum:

    http://forums.delphiforums.com/loccitane/messages?msg=38.1

    Stop by and visit sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heading there now! Didn't know there was a fan forum for it! Sounds great

      Delete
  4. I've been using this product all the time a few years ago! It really is amazing, but I got sick of the smell, so I stopped using it. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still good with the smell, to be honest, I didn't even notice it all that much. But as long as it's nice, I'll keep using it :)

      Delete
  5. It sounds amazing, I am just wondering is it without SLS? Ixx

    Limesandsmiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember seeing it but I'll check and tweet you about it :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...