Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Polish Days: Vintage

This month's theme has been interesting, because I know that when I say "vintage", you mostly think of those old, washed off posters or pieces of paper,with ripped edges and an all round used look. And that's what I think of also. 
But since that is what most people probably think of, I once again decided to go against it. Yes, I'm doing it on purpose. Why should everyone's nails look the same? Where's the fun in that?
So I took a different approach to that vintage timeline and made it a combination of typical patterns and a bit of a pin-up look. As you might also notice thanks to my obligatory inclusion of the red lips and the mildly posed picture. What am I saying, it's full on poser.                           


vintage polka dot pattern small big black and white manicure catrice essende kallos swatch nails vintage nails pin up nails manicure lipstick

I just figured the contrast would be quite nice and I'd like to think I was right. To complete the look, there should be a serious cat eye happening. Just saying.
But I've always wanted to play around with those big dots fading into smaller ones and this seemed like the perfect occasion.
I'd like to think women back then could have worn this design without anyone calling them different adjectives.

vintage polka dot pattern small big black and white manicure catrice essende kallos swatch nails vintage nails pin up nails manicure lipstick

I have to say, I've really liked staring at this manicure because it has something very fascinating about it. Not because I did it, but the whole idea of it is very simple but looks complex.
And with those wise word being said, I'd like to leave you with the lovely ladies who are also taking part in this month's Polish Days.


                               You can also Follow on * Twitter * FacebookBloglovin *    

18 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the first picture with the kiss!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Lol (I was about to post the same thing)

      Delete
    2. aww! thankyou!
      I had an idea of it and I usually don't look too good with red lipstick but seems I got lucky :P

      Delete
  2. they are so cute, simple to create and what a great visual effect! Like them a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay! Thanks so much! I like the color combo gives the effect but I'm sure pastels would look SO pretty too!

      Delete
  3. I love your simple cute mani and unique interpretation <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaah I love this! Beautiful design & loving the first photo! :D

    Aysh xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. they look so great, i love them <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you are so sweet! Thanks for saying that!

      Delete
  6. excellent, I think :)
    http://illusionistofdreams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...