Wednesday, May 15, 2013

DIY Oatmeal Banana Face Mask

I really like reading DIY stuff and I'm sure I can't be the only one. I also like doing DIY posts, just that I haven't found the time lately. But on Saturday, my face reminded me that it might be a good idea to treat it to something delicious once more, which meant some easy peasy supplies you probably have at home being mixed and then used in the most loving manner possible.


DIY Oatmeal Banana Face Mask collage

Step 1: Gather ye supplies. 
That means: 
  • Bananas
  • Oats
  • Honey
  • Oil(s) and Vitamin E (if available)

I picked avocado oil this time, but olive oil does just as great of a job.

Step 2:  Mash that banana. If you can do it by hand then great, if not,throw it in a food processor or blender

Step 3: Mix in the honey first, then your oils. I suggest using a chopstick to do so because you don't need a big quantity and for a small container, chopstick is the way to go

Step 4: Ta-daaa! Slap it on! And leave it there for as long as you wish, but for a minimum of 15 minutes.

It is perfect for soothing, hydrating and giving your skin that nice glow. I'm tempted to do this every week-end and by the way, in case you feel like eating the mask off your face... you can, it's delicious!






                               You can also Follow on * Twitter * FacebookBloglovin *    

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Pretty easy ingredients too, thank goodness!

      Delete
  2. This sounds great! Thanks for sharing! x

    Leanne | Seeking Serendipity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! Definitely a thing to try, although I suspect you could drop the oil and make it into a great breakfast haha

      Delete
  3. I too love DIY! Pinterest is amazing for finding all kinds of DIY. Nice Mask:) will try it myself one day:) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know what you mean, once you Pinterest you never stop!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...