Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Overnight Masks : Kiehl's Vs. Origins

I REALLY like a good mask and with overnight masks I feel like they do some extra good simply because of the time you get to keep them on. Of course, the overnight masks tend to be hydrating ones, as the others wouldn't be much use overcleaning or overexfoliating over the course of 8+ hours.I had already gotten the Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask  when I passed by the Kiehl's counter and saw that they too have a pretty similar thing. Overnight, check. Hydrating, check. I was pretty curious to test it, since Kiehl's usually make great things and I really wanted to see if it would be better than the Origins one.
                              I will tell you this: with Origins it was a clear verdict after the first application and that's why I knew that even just using the Kiehl's mask once would be enough to reach a conclusion.

Here's what happened: Maybe because it's ultra hydrating, maybe not, but the Kiehl's mask felt much stickier than the Origins one, and while I know not to hit the pillow directly after applying it, the sticky sensation persisted for a long while. To be honest, I went to bed with a sticky face since I was tired of waiting. As far as the result goes, it was pretty much the same. Well really,it was the same. The same satisfying feeling and look of plump, hydrated, shiny baby skin. They both do a really good job at that, but the truth it, they pretty much do the exact same job.Now, if you were to calculate, there's a 10ish £ difference in price,since the Origins mask is around 20£ and the Kiehl's one, around 30£ . 

The Winner?

For me it's the Origins Drink-Up Intensive Overnight Mask, because it sinks in really fast and leaves you without sticky sensations, it does a fantastic job in hydrating your skin and all things considered, it is cheaper. Which I find to be funny, since I would pay more for this one if I were to chose.


Have you tried any of these? Would you agree?



                              You can also Follow on * Bloglovin *  Twitter * Facebook   

4 comments:

  1. Great post, I've had my eye on the origins mask for a while, will definitely be adding it to my Christmas list now

    Thanks for sending over your link during the chat,
    now following!

    Jenn | Photo-Jenn-ic

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can only recommend the Origins mask. Of course, if you want to splurge, you can also go for the Kiehl's one :)

      Delete
  2. I have the Origins too, it's quite good, especially for the winter season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh definitely! It does wonders for skin that's been out in the cold. And I have seriously dry skin

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...