Monday, December 16, 2013

The Perfect Oxblood Nail

Last year, I had taken the quest upon me to find the perfect Oxblood nail polish. Well, it only took me a year and many "almost"s to get there. 

essie shearling darling nail polish swatch review
                         
Last year I was fixated on pearly polishes but in time, I've realized oxblood can only be a cream polish, with no shiny particles attached to it.  That's the only form the color can look proper on your nails.
The established winner is Essie Shearling Darling. It's described as a deep ebony red and I won't contradict that. As you can see, it looks almost black on the nails as opposed to the shade in the bottle.
I can tell you though, it looks definitely red most of the time. This picture was taken around dusk so the light was more on the dark side of things, but I really like the look of it.
They say deep reds and browns are most flattering on short nails and I can confirm it. Beside nudes, my very short nails at the moment are put in a favorable light.

What do you think? Is this a color for you?






                            You can also Follow on * Bloglovin *  Twitter * Facebook 

3 comments:

  1. There are only a few shades I don't like and this one isn't on that list :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Essie's polishes! My perfect shade of oxblood is called "Downtown Brown" but it is more of a dark brick color. I wear it all the time!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...